For party planning needs in the DC metro area please visit Fabulous Fetes

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Picnic: Mason Jars

Mason jars seem to be all the rage right now in the party planning world.  I've seen them used in so many different and creative ways.  For some reason when I think of mason jars, picnics come to mind.  I have no idea why but it seems when I'm planning a picnic, I always try to incorporate them in one way or another. Here are some of my favorite uses of mason jars:

Photo: Jonathan Hill Photography
I know the pie in a jar 'thing' has been floating around for a while but I still love it.  A mason jar is a perfect vessel for transporting and serving...I mean really, can you get any cuter than this!?!  These were gone in an instant!  I'm sure was all due to presentation...


Photo: Jonathan Hill Photography
Whether served out of a large jar or in mini mason jars this salad screams 'try me'!  This one was a big hit with my vegetarian dad!


Photo: Hugs from home
Ahhh  my favorite picnic beverage... homemade lemonade, but somehow it tastes better served out of a mason jar.


Photo:  Martha Stewart
I love this idea, I think I'll try it with a few citronella candles thrown into the mix to fight off all the pesky bugs!

Photo: Jonathan Hill Photography

This herb bouquet is straight out of my mom and dad's garden. The first time my dad brought a bouquet like this to a picnic, I thought, this is gorgeous!  Why didn't I think of that?  This is made up of basil, rosemary, lavender, dill, sage, mint, thyme and oregano, all from their garden! The best part is your guests can just tear off some of the fresh herbs to use to their liking.


Photo:  Southern Living
I found this use of a mason jar in this month's Southern Living and thought it would be a cute activity for the little ones.  Just tie on an inexpensive bug net and it's an instant activity. (of course I would be sure to let the fireflies go after the picnic)


Photo: Style Me Pretty
This last use of a mason jar is my absolute favorite!  It's a 'make your own ice cream in a jar' favor.  I think this would make a fun favor for a picnic or any summer event.  See the full tutorial on Style me pretty.

What's your favorite way to use a mason jar?

For the ant picnic printables click here for a FREE download!

No comments:

Post a Comment