For party planning needs in the DC metro area please visit Fabulous Fetes

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!

I thought I'd share a quick savory treat for anyone looking to make something to add to their Halloween table tonight...eerie eyeballs on edible spoons (that's a tongue twister)!


I found these spoon molds at Fran's a local cake and candy supply store here in northern Virginia. My first thought was to use them for cookies in a tea themed party and then my mind started going crazy with all the things I could use them for.


If you can't find spoon molds in your local craft or cake supply store, this recipe is great for spoon shapes cut out free handed using a real spoon as your guide.  Just remember to add some width at the neck to prevent breakage.

Cheesy Crackers:

  • To assemble:  mix equal parts softened goat cheese and cream cheese.  Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe balls atop each spoon cracker. Then top each ball with a slice of green olives stuffed with pimento.
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment: